THON™ Weekend Floor Pass Information
The Technology Committee has worked hard all year to put together a digital queuing process for floor access so that spectators do not have to wait on the concourse, missing THON™ Weekend events. After the Pass List submission window closes on February 1st, guests will be sent an email with more information on how to utilize THON™ Weekend Passes during THON™ Weekend. Guests who are on a Pass List will be required to watch a short video with guidelines and regulations on utilizing a Pass and accessing the floor. After the video, the guest will need to complete a quiz to confirm that they understand all of the information needed for THON™ Weekend regarding their Passes. Again, an email with instructions will be sent after the Pass List submission window is closed.
Check-In to the Digital Line
- When you wish to check in, report to the Info-Booth/Donation Stations located at any of the 4 gates in the BJC.
- When you arrive there, you will be asked to give your name.
- An R&R Pass Committee member will look up your information to make sure that you are on a Pass List and confirm your phone number .
- The R&R Pass Committee member will scan your bracelet to check you into the digital line on the THON™ Weekend Dashboard. You will be notified once your pass is available in two ways:
- Text Message: When a pass is available, that person will receive a text message on the phone number they provided and verified at Check In. Once they receive the message they will have 30 minutes to go to Portal 14 to receive their pass before it expires.
- BJC Jumbotron: When a pass is available, the person’s name will appear on the bottom ticker of the BJC jumbotron.
- On the jumbotron, if a name appears in:
- Green: they have 30 minutes to Check On at Portal 14 and get their pass before it expires
- Yellow: they have 20 minutes to Check On at Portal 14 and get their pass before it expires
- Red: they have 10 minutes to Check On at Portal 14 and get their pass before it expires
- If a spectators fails to reach Portal 14 before the 30 minute window ends, they will forfeit their spot in line and will have to Check-In to the Digital Line again
NOTE: Those receiving scheduled passes will not use Check-In procedures - see alternative procedure below in Check-on to the Floor - Scheduled Passes.
Check-On to the Floor - Digital Line
- After you have been notified that your pass is available, you will report to Portal 14 (the Pass Zone), where you will get in line to check onto the floor.
- You will approach the computers where an R&R Pass Committee Member will ask for a photo ID from you that will be held as collateral. A photo ID is required to enter the floor, and must have no monetary value.
- This Committee Member will scan your Pass and give it to you to wear around your neck. This Pass must be worn and visible at all times when on the floor!
Check-On to the Floor - Scheduled Passes
- Spectators holding scheduled passes do not need to Check-in to the Digital Line. As their scheduled time approaches, they should:
- Get in line to at check-on outside of Portal 14 no sooner than 5 minutes before their scheduled time
- Those receiving scheduled passes must be in the building prior to their scheduled time slot and will not be granted priority access in the event of a building closure, long lines, etc.
- If a spectator misses their scheduled time slot or is late, they will not be allowed to reschedule or receive extra time on the floor.
- We recommend arriving 2-3 hours prior to when you are scheduled to be on the floor to allow for long lines or building closures.
Check-Off of the Floor
- Once a passholder has been notified that their pass has expired they should exit the floor as soon as possible.
- Passholders will be notified that their pass has expired in two different ways:
- They will receive a text message informing them that their pass has expired
- The visual on the screen will show what color pass has expired
- It is extremely important that passholders exit the floor when notified that their pass has expired!
- In order to keep people coming on and off the floor efficiently and maintain fair representation of all THON™ stakeholders, we expect cooperation from all spectators.
- Passholders who have not left the floor will be swept off of the floor by THON™ volunteers. Passholders should not wait to be swept off the floor!
- As passholders are exiting the floor, they will be directed back up to the concourse via the same stairs they came down after checking on (opposite of the stage).
- Passholders will get in line to check off the floor at the top of the stairs.
- At Check-Off, an R&R Pass Committee Member will then scan your Pass and return you photo ID.
Digital Line (Passcade) Passes
- In order to enter the Digital Line, you must first check-in at a Digital Line Check-In Booth at any gate in the BJC .
- After checking-in, spectators will be asked to return to their seats.
- Once entered into the Digital Line, a text-based notification system will be used to alert when passes are available.
- Once the pass is available and the text has been sent, the spectator will have 30 minutes to report to the Pass tables at Portal 14.
- Your name will appear on a ticker in the BJC immediately.
- After 30 minutes, from the time of their original text, the pass will no longer be valid.
- If you leave the building, you will forfeit your spot in the Pass digital line and must check back in upon re-entrance to the BJC.
- If you have been designated as a Scheduled Passholder, you will have received an email including the time that your pass is scheduled during the weekend.
- Your organization’s THON™ Chair or Acting Chair will also know the time at which your Pass is scheduled.
- You MUST be in the building prior to the time that your Scheduled Pass becomes valid.
- You will NOT be guaranteed entry into the Bryce Jordan Center, so if you are not inside of the building before your Scheduled Pass time, you will forfeit your Scheduled Pass.
- In the event that a Scheduled Passholder cannot make their scheduled time, the THON™ Chair may switch somebody else on their Pass list into that scheduled slot at the TECH Booth across from Portal 14.