THON™ Weekend Rules
The following rules are in place to assure that all Four Diamonds families, THON™ volunteers, and spectators are safe throughout the entirety of THON™ Weekend. In order to maintain the welcoming and positive atmosphere provided by THON™, it is important that these regulations are followed and that the procedures laid out for the weekend are respected for the duration of the event. Every rule has a reason as to why it is in place and will be enforced by all THON™ volunteers. These regulations are created and enforced by the Rules & Regulations Committee, as well as Bryce Jordan Center staff.
Any violation of THON™ Weekend rules will be subject (but not limited) to any of the following penalties:
- Pass Revocation
- Pass Suspension
- Removal from the BJC
Assessment of these penalties will be at the discretion of Rules & Regulations Captains and Directors on a case-by-case basis.
- All bags will be searched at every entrance for the duration of the weekend. All spectator bags must be the size of a drawstring or smaller.
- No one who has consumed any amount of alcohol will be permitted inside the BJC. Individuals who do not comply with this rule will be denied access to the building.
- Spectators are not permitted to enter the Committee Member Storage area in the Upper Bowl. This area will be monitored by Rules & Regulations Committee Members.
- Cell phones and other electronic devices may not be charged using BJC outlets.
- Floor access is only permitted by being on a registered Pass list and utilizing the THON™ Weekend Pass system.
- THON™ is not responsible for lost or stolen items during THON™ Weekend.
- All lost items found throughout the THON™ Weekend should be turned in to the designated Lost & Found locations. There are two such locations within the BJC:
- Concourse: Information Booth/Donation Station across from Gate D
- Event Level: Main intersection of the west-side hallway
Conduct While in the Stands/Concourse
- No sitting is permitted inside the building for the duration of THON™ Weekend.
- This includes in the stands, on the Concourse, or in the bathrooms (outside of stalls)
- Any spectator who needs to sit for medical reasons may request a medical wristband from the EMS Room (located across from Portal 24) or can ask a Rules & Regulations Committee Member or Captain for more information
- This wristband must be worn at all times so the spectator is not repeatedly asked to stand
- Handicapped seating is available in the BJC throughout the weekend. These areas are located behind the Information Booths/Donation Stations located across from each gate
- Saving seats for other spectators is prohibited within the BJC. Saving seats includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Telling someone that a seat they are trying to use is saved
- Physically preventing others from using seats
- Intimidating others so they do not stand in front of a seat
- Spreading several people across a row/portal to discourage others from using populating it
- Placing belongings on top of seats in an attempt to reserve them
- Items may not be passed between levels of the BJC.
- Spectators must not populate the aisles of portals, including the areas at the bottom and top of the stairs.
- Only Rules & Regulations Committee Members may occupy this space
- The Rules & Regulations Committee will remind spectators to clear these areas
- Standing on seats is prohibited.
- Signs must not be stored on seats.
- Do not congregate in the Concourse.
- Lines for water fountains, bathrooms, merchandise, concessions, etc. should be kept along the walls of the Concourse to allow traffic to pass through
- These lines must not be blocking pathways to any doorways on the Concourse Level
- Spectators may only use the bathrooms on the Concourse. Bathrooms on the Event Level are for dancers only.
The following items are not permitted to enter the Bryce Jordan Center. If these items are found during the security screening process or anytime after, Rules & Regulations Committee Members will ask spectators to dispose of them:
- Bags larger than a drawstring (with a maximum of two per spectator)
- Food and beverage items
- Weapons of any kind
- Balloons or inflatables
- Potentially harmful balls (i.e. baseballs, footballs, etc.)
- Water guns with removable tanks
- Any water guns must be empty upon entering the BJC
- Silly string
- Flag poles
- Transportation items (i.e. skateboards, hoverboards, etc.)
- Large containers (meaning they cannot fit under a seat)